Why Join Black Label?
Love meeting new people, building relationships, and helping businesses grow? As an Account Executive you will be responsible for prospecting, selling and growing a base of local clients. You will be involved in attending local networking events, conferences and trade shows, as well as conducting market research, writing proposals, and creating and presenting pitches to prospective clients.
Who We Are.
Black Label is a small cross-functional team of digital marketing professionals that love what we do. Our ethos is one of discovery, learning, and creating.
We are unlike any other marketing agency—we are a worker cooperative. Our firm is democratically owned and governed equally by all partners of the firm. One partner, one share, one vote. We employ individuals that share the belief that a business should be governed equally by all, and to lift others in creating and maintaining sustainable jobs, generating wealth, improving the quality of life, and promoting community and local development. As a worker cooperative we look to hire people interested in a track to become an equity partner in the firm over time.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, and is looking to grow both professionally and personally. You will work with a variety of clients in many different industries, and should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
Our office is located in the Spark Baltimore workspace in downtown Baltimore. You are able to work remotely but will be needed in-office 2-3 times per week depending on project needs. You may need to travel to client sites at times and you will have a significant, measurable impact on the project’s success.
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal.
- Research clients’ products, services, plans, competitors and target markets.
- Find new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long term partnerships.
- Perform sales activities including cold calling, emailing and social media interactions.
- Arrange meetings and liaising with clients to understand their requirements.
- Pitch prospects for new contracts and presenting solutions to clients for approval.
- Briefing agency colleagues, and working with them to plan and implement the best solutions for the client.
- Offering creative ideas to the account manager to develop effective campaigns.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1-3 years of work experience in advertising, marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Knowledge and experience using social media for B2B purposes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Enthusiastic, approachable, outgoing and diplomatic.
- Comfortable working as part of a team.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good people skills working with a range of colleagues and clients.
- Proven success in lead generation, prospecting, and increasing revenue beyond existing business.
- An existing network of business connections.
- Experience working with and selling to high-level corporate executives.
- Experience using Hubspot CRM.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Retirement w/ company match.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Some telecommuting.
$30,000 base salary plus 5-10% tiered commission based on sales.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.